Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Arrival of Our Newest Bramlett

Sorry this post  is so late...it's like any other time you throw a kid in the mix, things take a lot longer. So the first few pictures are from "Gotcha Day".  What an emotional day.  We all met down in the lobby of the hotel at 9:30...everyone was packed and ready to go.  We headed to the registration office where we would all meet our kiddos for the first time!
When we arrived, 3 little girls were already there waiting for their families.  One was pretty calm and the other two were screaming their pretty little heads off!  I started crying right away as well.  It's a lot to take in.
About 20 minutes into the waiting, our rep told us that our little boy and the orphanage officers that were bringing him had missed the first train because there were too many people.  She said we would be meeting him back at the hotel around 12:30.  This allowed us to be able to video and take pictures for other families just receiving their sweet babes.  Every single  one was emotional, and their were 6 of them.
We waited in our hotel room for the phone call.  Othere people waited in the little lobby on our floor right next to our elevator. We waited......and waited....and waited, for what seemed like forever.  About 12:50 the phone rang...and we headed out the door to go meet our son.  When those elevator doors openned, I was a mess....the orphanage officers could tell who his new mama was immediately!!  I had been waiting for this moment for so long....or so it seemed.  He smelled so good!  He didn't cry or show any emotion really....he is one that tries to hold it together.  I could see tears welling up in his eyes, but he never full on cried till hours later. It wasn't how I was planning on meeting my son, but it was so much better.


This was yesterday, the day after "Gotcha Day", and that piece of paper states that he is officially a Bramlett!!! How exciting, a day that we have been praying for has come full circle.  Isn't he just a handsome little guy?

We would covet your prayers...yesterday was hard on Morris and I both, I'm just the one that can't hold myself together.  I know he is bonding, especially to me, but the only time we really see any personality at all is at meal times.  He seems pretty depressed and out of it most  of the time, and everytime we head back to the room it usually is worse.  Just pray for his little heart....it's gone through so much already.  Pray that he will learn to trust us and over time feel safe to be himself with us.  We know there is no quick fix....his world has been turned upside down, but my heart aches seeing hime like this....pray for Morris and I that we can hold it together and be strong for him. 

We are headed back to his city to apply for his passport.  I am hoping to see his orphanage and possibly getting some pics for other mamas waiting.  Not sure if it will happen, but we are going to try!  I think we are also going to try to see the place where he was left, apparently they have a record of it and if it's not too far, then we may be able to go.  It is going to be a long day, an emotional day. 
Please pray for us today as we venture to his city and thank you so much for all of your prayers thus far!

1 comment:

  1. How very special this has been to read about. You both have blessed your son beyond measure. I will enjoy reading how he has blessed your lives as he grows into a man. I will pray for safe travels with your hearts and with your journey. Thank you for sharing this with me!